What is a Sponsored Student?
A sponsored student is a student whose tuition and/or fees are paid directly to the Global Launch Program by an outside organization, which requires a bill from the university before making payment.
Currently, Global Launch serves sponsored students from many different sponsoring entities, including embassies, multi-national companies, and governments. Global Launch welcomes new sponsors to contact us at anytime for more information about the excellent services we provide.
If you are a student being sponsored by one of the following organizations, you may be exempt from participating in Global Launch's health insurance option. You will still need to provide Global Launch with a copy of your health insurance card:
- Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
- Aramco Services Company
- Egypt, Embassy of the Arab Republic
- Kuwait, Embassy of
- Qatar Airways
- Qatar, Embassy of the State of
- Qatar, Rasgas
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- Thai Royal Embassy
- UAE Military Attaché
- UAE Presidents Scholarship Office (SCO)
Financial Details for Sponsors
All sponsors will be billed through our Global Launch business office. If you are a sponsor and have questions about our billing procedures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important for sponsored students to know their responsibilities:
- Monitor your ASU student account on a regular basis on My ASU. Any charges unpaid by the sponsor are the student's responsibility (for example: a vaccination fee from ASU’s Campus Health Service).
- Provide a current financial guarantee from your sponsor before it expires.
- If your sponsor wants to pay for your insurance through a different company and requires an ASU insurance waiver, you the student must submit your insurance card to the Global Launch Welcome Desk by the 5th day of class. If you don't provide proof of insurance coverage, you will need to pay for ASU's health insurance.
If you have any questions and would like to speak to a member of our team about the sponsored student process, please email email@example.com or call the Global Launch Welcome Desk at +1 480-965-2376.